I watched the inauguration on NBC and I loved the following:
– All the tweets from Twitter that NBC would broadcast throughout their coverage of the inauguration.
(My personal faves: A tweet from a person who said that back in 2009 both her and her spouse were unemployed but as of 2013 they both have jobs! Hooray! And a tweet from a mother watching the inauguration with her young son who thought the inauguration was boring! P.S. Hey kid, when I was your age, I thought the same thing too!)
– President Obama’s speech where he advocated the rights of Gay Americans! Hooray! (P.S. To all gay Americans, I hope one day that you get the respect and rights that other Americans takes oh so for granted!)
– The two beautiful sculptures of Dr. Martin Luther King!
– Al Roker’s hilarious attempts and success when it came to getting both President Obama and Vice President Biden to acknowledge him. P.S. Hey Al, you rock! You ain’t no ordinary weatherman you are superman!
– The attention that Second Lady, Dr. Jill Biden got from the media, the political community, Americans in general and the whole wide world. P.S. Jill, I thought you looked fantastic on Inauguration Day and it made me very happy to see some of the spotlight focused on you instead of entirely on Michelle Obama! You go, girl!
– Vice President Joe Biden darting here and darting there during the Inauguration parade and looking so damn young and spry doing it!
– Young first daughter, Sasha Obama yawning during the inauguration.
– Seeing former President Jimmy Carter’s beautiful infectious smile!
– Seeing the Republicans and the Democrats come together in lieu of their usual fighting.
– All of the beautiful people from all over the world who braved the cold to watch history in the making.
– President Obama acknowledging Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Connecticut.
– James Taylor’s stint as a political correspondent and his performance of the song, America the Beautiful, of course.
All in all, I thought it was a great inauguration and I am looking so forward to Inauguration 2017!